Sunday, November 29, 2009

RRV Cross #2


The RRV guys put on a great race back in October, so I was pretty excited to get down there again this week. If anything, they made the course even better this time. It was smoother, faster and the stari section was upgraded in my opinion. I mean the course had stairs, awesome.

Anyway, we got down there about when the Open men went off. 40 degrees and beautiful sun. Pachoca and Summerhill were off the front again with a trail pack of Dwight, Baker, Brad White and good friend Allen Krughoff (that Allen on the left). Summerhill was again the class of the field with Pacocha right behind. Allen was killin it but bobbled a bit in the second to last sand section and settled for 6th. However, it was a great day for him.

Breeze went off next out of our crew and had a great day. Strong at the start, solid in the middle and was awesome in the last two laps and powered to a 5th place finish. That put her in 2nd for the series and scored us some wine! She got other things too, but they don't help me...the wine does!

I went off in the last group of the day with the singles. After a quick takeout, Brian Hutchinson went to the front and I followed. We had a great group and it was shaping to be the best Singles race of the year and then I bit it. I was off the back. The group was 7 strong. I went down again and again. I was a wreck, my PSI was high, but in reality I was the issue. Just couldn't control the bike today. Sorry to any of the guys I messed up. Hutchinson remained up at the front and then Ben Ollett put down the gauntlet. Kris Thompson follwed and the group detonated. That was the finishing order Ollett, Thompson, Hutchinson and myself who clawed back to a top 4 finish. A great end to the season for me. I am probably out for next weekend with the big meet and all, but good luck to all and congrats on a great effort today.

No comments: